Florence getaways and experiences include popular activities that the whole family can enjoy. Take a cooking class or go on a walking tour to experience the authentic Italian culture.
Sapori e Saperi Gastronomic Adventures for Families provides families with off-the-beaten-path opportunities to experience the flavors and traditions of some of Tuscany’s most distinctive culinary regions in Lucca, the Garfagnana, and Versilia. Food guru Heather Jarman offers a customized tour that includes lodging in relaxing country retreats and an itinerary designed around cooking, tasting, walking, dining, music, shopping, art, history, and an appreciation of seasonal, regional cuisine.
Family-Friendly Tours and Activities
Bottega dei Ragazzi – Istituto degli Innocenti
Via dei Fibbiai 2
tel. 055 2478386
– workshops devoted to playing and learning through art for children ages 3-11 through a variety of exhibits and historic sites in the city. Programs available in English, French, and Spanish upon request.
Tuscan Fantasy Family Bike Tour
tel. +1 781 646 3377
– an idyllic villa-based learning adventure for families and friends.
Context Travel Family Program
Via Baccina 40
tel. 06 4820911
fax. 06 45439055
– Context in Florence offers a variety of engaging walking tours and educational programs for families in Rome that employ an inquiry-based learning method designed by a museum educator. Programs in Florence and Tuscany include “Symbols and Legends of Florence” (a family orientation), “Arte Firenze for Families”, “The Palio” in Siena (includes a visit with an actual palio-winning horse!)
tel. 0571 650242
– Giuseppina conducts private cooking lessons or prepares dinner in your accommodation or at the family-run agriturismo near Certaldo
Sapori e Saperi Gastronomic Adventures for Families (Garfagnana region)
35 Panton St.
Cambridge CB2 1HL
tel. UK 44 (0)7768 474610 or tel. IT 339 7636321
– offers a variety of family cooking and cultural programs in the Garfagnana region of Lucca. Both packaged tours and customizable programs are available.email. email@example.com
– interactive, hands-on Tuscan cooking lessons, market tours, and personalized Tuscan feasts for families with children.