Florence getaways and experiences include popular activities that the whole family can enjoy. Take a cooking class or go on a walking tour to experience the authentic Italian culture.
Sapori e Saperi Gastronomic Adventures for Families provides families with off-the-beaten-path opportunities to experience the flavors and traditions of some of Tuscany’s most distinctive culinary regions in Lucca, the Garfagnana, and Versilia. Food guru Heather Jarman offers a customized tour that includes lodging in relaxing country retreats and an itinerary designed around cooking, tasting, walking, dining, music, shopping, art, history, and an appreciation of seasonal, regional cuisine.
Family-Friendly Tours and Activities
Authentic Tuscany Cooking Classes
– children are welcome at Tina and Manuela’s cooking classes in a 12th-century villa in the Chianti area, where they are free to participate in the class or be looked after by the chefs’ daughters!
– workshops devoted to playing and learning through art for children ages 3-11 through a variety of exhibits and historic sites in the city. Programs available in English, French, and Spanish upon request.
– an idyllic villa-based learning adventure for families and friends.
– Context in Florence offers a variety of engaging walking tours and educational programs for families in Rome that employ an inquiry-based learning method designed by a museum educator. Programs in Florence and Tuscany include “Symbols and Legends of Florence” (a family orientation), “Arte Firenze for Families”, “The Palio” in Siena (includes a visit with an actual palio-winning horse!)
– Giuseppina conducts private cooking lessons or prepares dinner in your accommodation or at the family-run agriturismo near Certaldo
– Antonella will coordinate a variety of unique learning experiences ranging from cooking, pottery, hiking, or sailing in the area of Lucca.
– Travel back in time to ancient Rome, Go bike riding in Lucca, See the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Explore the coastline at Cinque Terre, Ride the cable car at Lake Maggiore, Wander the maze of alleyways in Venice
Sapori e Saperi Gastronomic Adventures for Families (Garfagnana region)
35 Panton St.
Cambridge CB2 1HL
tel. UK 44 (0)7768 474610 or tel. IT 339 7636321
email. [email protected]
– offers a variety of family cooking and cultural programs in the Garfagnana region of Lucca. Both packaged tours and customizable programs are available.
– interactive, hands-on Tuscan cooking lessons, market tours, and personalized Tuscan feasts for families with children.